Re: Fuel Pump Inertia Switch, was: TR-8 help needed

To: jfenwick@netcom.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Pump Inertia Switch, was: TR-8 help needed
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:54:34 EST
In a message dated 2/25/03 6:35:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jfenwick@netcom.ca writes:

<< Can anyone
 tell me exactly where to look on a specific car that I would find in a
 North American scrapyard?  >>

Ford products use this type of switch.  There are generally located in the
trunk and have a round or rectangular reset button on the top.  Trucks have
it located just below the glove box area.  These can be tripped with a sharp
hit with a rubber hammer.

Most other makes have a fuel pump relay that is controlled by the engine
computer.  When the engine computer does not see a ignition pulse, no power
is sent to the pump.    VW Rabbit, Golf, Jetta used a stand alone fuel pump
relay that sensed tach signal.

Harold