Fuel Pump Inertia Switch, was: TR-8 help needed

To: "jeffrey fenwick" <jfenwick@netcom.ca>
Subject: Fuel Pump Inertia Switch, was: TR-8 help needed
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:14:32 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h1Q0KSY4029633
Message text written by "jeffrey fenwick"
>The mention of inertia switches for electric fuel pumps has got me
thinking about my LBC which is not protected that way. Can anyone
tell me exactly where to look on a specific car that I would find in a
North American scrapyard? How about a 1988 Mazda 323 - I just
happen to have a spare one of those in the driveway ;-)
<

Almost all cars with fuel injection will have such a switch and they are
usually located in the back near the tank and are protected from the
elements so finding one that looks new should be as easy as falling off a
log and about as cheap.

I bought on from a Ford Probe (someone else had already taken out the
panels and there it was in plain view) for about $5.00 (US).  I'll bet the
323 has one too.

Dave