TR3 Gas tank problems.. HELP !

To: TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Gas tank problems.. HELP !
From: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:46:04 -0800
Well guys, I'm at the point now with my TR3A that it's ready to start. Put a
gallon of gas in the tank to get ready...  Car did not start (need a good
battery) so it sat for a few days.

Wife was saying how the house smells of gas..... I looked and ther was no leaks
in the lines, carbs so figured it was in the air from when I filled the tank.
Then, just now much to my horror I found growing (slowly) puddle of gas in the
trunk ! Yes, I had it gone over at a local shop and a couple of holes were
filled.... guess I'll never go back to him again !

I'll not say what I said.... so my questions to you all is:

1. Does anyone have a decent to good tank for sale ?
2. Are there any tanks from anything else that fit this car ? Say a Toyota,
Mazda or what ever ?

Yes, I know about the new tanks for sale on Ebay all the time, but 200.00 US
converted to Canadian plus plus plus is way out of my ability right now.

Thanks for any help, Pat