Re: RE: TR3 Gas tank problems.. HELP !

To: Randall Young <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>, Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>, TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RE: TR3 Gas tank problems.. HELP !
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:45:57 -0500 (EST)
BTW, I blocked my overflow pipe after finding that I was losing fuel out
it
after each fill-up.  All of the TR3 filler caps I've seen are vented, but
it
may be that some are not.

Randall

That's probbly a good idea - of course, I kind of liked my solution to the gas
smell after a fill-up: "well Dear, we just better go for a ride a burn off some
of that gas".

BTW, if the tank is basically solid and it just has one pin hole leak that the
place missed, you can plug it with a metal screw. I did this with an old
station wagon once with gas still in the tank.  For extra measure, I first put
a faucet washer on the screw, opened the hole a bit with an awl, then just
screwed it closed. I was told the washer wasn't necessary. Never leaked after
that.

Bob