Re: TR3 Gas tank problems.. HELP !

To: Pat Leask <pleask@shaw.ca>, TRlist <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Gas tank problems.. HELP !
From: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:00:54 -0500
Pat,
Suggest you try a tank sealing kit before getting a new or replacement tank.  I
used one form J.C.Witney, have had gas in the tank for 6 months, no leaks.
Used "sloshing compound" in my boat tank - I had fuel leak after having a new
bottom welded in. - it held over 5 years, was still holding when I sold the
boat.

The repair you had done likely left a pin hole somewhere.  If you can locate
it, epoxy a metal plate over the hole on the outside, and get the sealing
compound on that area THICK.

Stan