Success...!!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Success...!!!
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 12:02:20 -0800
At last  the transmission transplant  for  Casper  is finished!  The
last  hurdle, getting  the speedometer  to  work was  solved by
removing  the gear shift adapter from the  top of  the   transmission
and having a look.  The worm  drive gear was obviously too  far
forward  on the output shaft, could never  have engaged  the toothed
gear.  However...while  rotating  the  shaft  I noticed  another hole
about   1/2   inch  further back  in the  output  shaft, released the
spring  clip from  the  worm  gear, slide it back  1/2 inch...slipped
the  clip  into the  rear hole and...Voila!!  worm gear engaged the
toothed gear...cable turns,  speedometer  works...
Ahhh  the small things that  make life  pleasant...now  to check  the
speedometer  against my  GPS  for accuracy, should not be  a  problem
as  I  have "several" toothed  gears  with  various numbers  of
teeth...
My question to  the list...if  the speedometer  reads "slow" do  I
increase  or  decrease the  number of teeth??

Thanks  to  all.

--
Bill  Pugh
1957 TR3