Re: $3 Gallon gas

To: AnnaBelle <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Re: $3 Gallon gas
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:45:11 -0500
Cc: "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>, Howard Winkler <hrwink@optonline.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h1CLnECL023847
Message text written by AnnaBelle
>I think what disturbs me the most that a statement in the State of
the Union address has been completely ignored by our Media..."$1.5
Billion (with a B) for the development of Hydrogen powered vehicles."
Folks this could be the answer to many of our problems,<

One question:

Where do we get the hydrogen?

It's not like there are any hydrogen wells about.

Fact is, hydrogen has to be manufactured.  Either by sl=plitting water or
catalyzing petroleum or some other, agricultural process.  At any rate, it
is an energy intensive process and I seriously doubt that the energy
fromthe hydrogen exceeds the energy spent to produce it.  (I think Einstine
said something about energy being neither created nor destroyed)

Of course the hydrogen advocates forget to mention this part.

Dave the cynic