Re: $3 Gallon gas

To: AnnaBelle <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Re: $3 Gallon gas
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:17:32 -0600
Cc: Howard Winkler <hrwink@optonline.net>, "Triumph Internet Mail List." <triumphs@autox.team.net>
    Bill> I think what disturbs me the most that a statement in the State of
    Bill> the Union address has been completely ignored by our Media..."$1.5
    Bill> Billion (with a B) for the development of Hydrogen powered
    Bill> vehicles."

Anybody who thinks that simply allocating money will solve our energy ills
might be interested in a three-part series the Chicago Tribune ran a couple
months ago about the ill-fated Supercar project:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/specials/car/one/chi-startingup-special.special

Executive summary: It's more about turf and politics than money.  Small
wonder Honda doesn't partner with anyone else.

Skip