Re: On British Car Magazine

To: SOThornton@aol.com
Subject: Re: On British Car Magazine
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 15:26:36 -0700
Cc: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:42:21 EST, <SOThornton@aol.com> wrote:

<snip>
> Classic and Sportscar is also a good British publication, with less US
> content. It carries some information about "other" cars than British, but
> I find it to be overall very good.

Steve, I was actually thinking the expanded editorial purview that Rick
described sounds like Classic and Sportscar or Thoroughbred & Classic Car,
both UK magazines I pay something like $9USD anytime I spot an issue that
interests me. Which happens more
often than with British Car. Seriously, both brit mags are done to a high
standard and by comparison I've always wished British Car had more meat to
it. [I'm not criticizing the production, it's just a shorter read]. I'd
happily pay $5 for a U.S. produced competitor -- and based on the pervasive
copies of the above magazines at chain bookstores I'd say there could be
plenty who will be interested in the new format.

If I have to scan past the Ferraris that's okay, I actually like Alfas and
old BMWs and those cute little Datsuns. In fact during my formative car
loving years (I would have been ten or so in the mid the 70's) I wanted...
a Camero! Luckily by the time I could drive I
had no money, and by the time I had money I wanted a little roadster.

Now, if the new magazine is focused only on racing old cars, add my
gripes to the pile. <g>

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO