Electronic Ignition and Positive ground?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic Ignition and Positive ground?
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 19:26:41 -0700 (PDT)
whoa whoa whoa .. what's all this?

A number of weeks ago I asked a very similiar question  .  . . all be it from a
different direction.

I too have a Crane electronic ignition for a postive ground on my TR4 and want
to put an alternator on it.

I asked if alternators could be made to run with positive ground.

I did get answers . . . and I'm thankful for them.

However at the time no one piped up and said "switch your electronic ignition
to negative ground."

I'm going to go check the instructions for the electronic ignition if I can
find them.

Granted it was over a decade ago when I put the electronic ignition on the car
. . .but I specifically remember having to order a different part number for
the positive ground version . . .and also seem to remember warning stickers on
the device itself stating that it was only for positive ground.

Needless to say . . . I'm very interested in the outcome of this thread.

Earl . .if you convert yours to negative ground sucessfully . .please do let us
(me) know.

Scott Tilton

1963 Triumph TR-4 "Mule"
Leesburg, VA