RE: Inner and Outer Collar on Exhaust Valves

Subject: RE: Inner and Outer Collar on Exhaust Valves
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:52:49 -0700
I wasn't paying attention before ... it should also be possible to make 1/2
tooth and 1/4 tooth adjustments in cam timing.  The factory cam gear has 4
holes in it, but only 2 are used at a time.  If I remember correctly, using
the other pair of holes results in a 1/2 tooth difference, while flipping
the gear front to back causes a 1/4 tooth difference; but I could have that
backwards.

I've also heard that some aftermarket gears are not cut properly, so this
doesn't work.

Randall