Re: non lbc related / air bags

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: non lbc related / air bags
From: "jeffrey fenwick" <jfenwick@netcom.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:31:45 -0400
Hi Mark,
Airbag deployment is triggered by sensors that detect
the rapid deceleration of the car (i.e. from impact).
Possibly the trigger point is set too low on this BMW.
But how big a bump did you get from the firewood?
Is your wheel alignment still OK?

I would have a discussion with your friendly insurance agent.
He's likely to know if there is a "problem" with this BMW model.
And he can advise you on the effect on your premiums if you claim :-(

Jeff