RE: Wanted: suggestions for a travel kit

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wanted: suggestions for a travel kit
From: "Randall Young" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 14:57:54 -0700
Fred :

A few additions :

20) ignition rotor (I now just carry an entire distributor with cap and
wires, fits nicely in the center of the spare tire)

21) Cell phone
22) Several dollars in change for a pay phone (when out of cell coverage)
23) Bypass hose
24) Extra coolant
25) Cheap DVM and a couple of clip leads
26) I also carry a test lamp, with an insulation piercing probe.
27) Paper towels
28) waterless hand cleaner
29) 3/8" ratchet, 6" extension, 13/16" spark plug socket, regular sockets in
7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4.
30)Whitworth wrench (or socket) for fuel bowl caps.
31) jack and handle
32) lug wrench
33) pry bar to remove hub cabs (mine don't come off with a screwdriver)
34) And if I still ran a generator, I'd still carry jumper cables <g>

Randall