Re: difficult information wanted

To: jdavis@ldl.net
Subject: Re: difficult information wanted
From: Lennart broekhof - SunPS ITops RSC4 <lennart.broekhof@sun.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 22:35:36 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Jim,

I understand what you are saying, but you forget one important thing,
and that is our climate !
It is almost impossible to find an original European TR6 with the
original paint and so less rust.
And if you do find one, it is very expensive. There are TR6's being
sold for 25 till 27 thousand
dollar.  (That would be an European TR6 PI, in concour condition.)
For a descent TR (european or us import) re-sprayed and with license
plates and nor rust you
pay between 10000 and 20000 usd.
That is also a problem with US tr's, if they do not re spray  those
cars in a descent way and do not
do anything about the chassis, it will rust a lot and will need a
complete body off restore within
a couple of years. But that is also why everybody buys us tr's as the
body and chassis are in such
good condition.

I didn't import this car myself, that would be more expensive as I
would not have a clue where
to start in the US. And shipping it to Europe cost around 1700 usd.
Some people here know where to go and buy, and they buy more cars at once.

So I guess you'll be shocked to read that I paid 6000 usd....... and
I even do not know if it runs.......

You probably can't imagine how happy I was to find a car which is
completely original, with
no rust and in a color that I can keep........
(Everybody here wants to have a TR in red, white or racing green.)

Airco, was that an option ??

Btw. I am not looking for the license plates of the car, but for
previous owners.
I suppose knowing the license plate number could help.

Kind regards,

Lennart

--

Lennart A. Broekhof       Sun Microsystems        SunPS-ITops-RSC4

Disketteweg 2            3821 AR  Amersfoort           The Netherlands

                               lennart.broekhof@sun.com

+ 31 33 4515513                 X15513            Fax  + 31 33 4515128