Re: difficult information wanted

To: lennart.broekhof@sun.com, jdavis@ldl.net
Subject: Re: difficult information wanted
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 12:08:37 +1100 FILETIME=[5A2C7EE0:01C18B4E]
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Lennart broekhof wrote:

>I understand what you are saying, but you forget one important thing,
>and that is our climate !
>It is almost impossible to find an original European TR6 with the
>original paint and so less rust.
>And if you do find one, it is very expensive.

Similar situation in Australia, but its not rust related. We received so few
TRs (relative to North America) that there are few around now.

I think I once read that 90% of TR production went to North America, not
sure if that is correct but you North Americans are truly lucky. For
example, I have never seen a local TR2,3,4,5 or 6 parted out in Australia,
where as they such cars are parted out all the time in North America. Our
parts cars (or parts in general) have to be imported from the US/UK.

Its simply sheer strength of numbers that makes cars like Lennart's
unremarkable in North America, but unique elsewhere. We Aussies have you
beat on Stags and saloons though....

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4