Re: TR4 Transmission - what to do?

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@islandnet.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Transmission - what to do?
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:37:26 -0600
Malcolm --

Hi there!  Welcome to the limelight!

I thought I would add this note to what others have already said: for
an excellent guide to rebuilding your early TR transmission, see
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/ (look in the "Technical" section).

Nelson Riedel has put together a great set of documents on both the
transmission and the overdrive units.

Note that Nelson was working on TR6 transmissions, but that nearly
all of what he discusses applies to earlier cars.

He also has some excellent suggestions for making cheap special tools
for disassembly and assembly.

HTH,
Dan

--
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1957 TR3, TS15098L 'O' - with a nice shiny rear axle installed!
Front suspension back together too, & steering box coming along nicely.

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U 'O' - in storage.

Visit the Team.Net Triumph list member pages at:
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html
Photos, downloads, member bios, and more!