Re: missed ot b this much.....

To: SDOliner@aol.com, tigerpb@ids.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: missed ot b this much.....
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:18:43 EST
In a message dated 11/14/01 10:51:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SDOliner@aol.com writes:

<< I have that Ford 2.3L 4 cylinder in my Ford Ranger Pick Up. Someone told
me
 that it was actually a 6 Cylinder Falcon with the last two cylinders chopped
 off.

 David Oliner
 60 Bugeye
 67 TR 4A >>

The Ranger/Pinto 2.3 L over head cam and 1983 / 88 Ranger only 2.0 L( small
bore 2.3 OHC) was first built in 73 and called the Lima engine. ( built in
Lima Ohio) This engine had a deck height / stroke increase ~ 99 to 2.5 L .
These engines are pretty good though a bit heavy due to the cast iron
cylinder head.  Still it was pretty high tech for a 1973 American econo car.

The ~ 70 to 73 2.0 L German OHC engine was used in Pintos and the German
Capri.  Currently it is used in SCCA Formula Continental.

As for the cut off Ford 6 cyl, the ~ 84 and up Ford Tempo/ Mercury Topaz use
a 2.3L and 2.5L cam in block engine that is a cut down Ford 6.  This is the
engine your friend is referencing.

Harold