Re: tr6 electric fan conversion

To: autoX-Trumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tr6 electric fan conversion
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:04:14 -0700
Dave,
The fan that is on my red Spit has the following note in the installation
instructions:

        "NOTE: These electric cooling fans are designed to PUSH or PULL air,
         depending on the installation.  Fans are preassembled in the PULL
         configuration.  If your application requires that you push air,
         please follow the steps listed below-

        (A) Remove the retaining clip "C" and fan blade.
        (B) Turn the fan blade over and realign to properly fit over the
            roll pin in the motor shaft.
        (C) Press fan blade in place and reinstall the "C" clip on the
            motor shaft."

The installation onto the radiator makes the fan motor face the radiator in
either case.  So Reversing the blade id the only thing that is required to
make the thing push or pull as required.

I'm still stickin' to my story!

Joe