Diagnosis for one old lady

To: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Diagnosis for one old lady
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:30:32 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "John Macartney"
>I was made in 1948 and I'm painted grey (there's a clue)
I've only got one seat (there's another clue)
I've got three brake pedals (gotta be obvious by now?)
I was re-linered, pistoned and ringed about two years ago
I have new valves and guides
I start first push of my gear lever and run with a healthy bark
There's no sign of oil leakage round my valve cover
But...
There's a lot of oil mist running down my air cleaner
And my underslung exhaust is permanently wet at the tailend with oil
Though I don't emit any oil smoke
None of this seems to worry me - but its not how it should be
Who would like to suggest what might be ailing me?
<

Me thinks that the crankcase ventilation system is not ventilating
properly.
Me thinks that if there is a draft tube it may be clogged with some of the
dirt of the furrows you so laboriously plowed.
Me thinks I am shooting in regions of inadequate lighting.

Dave