Diagnosis for one old lady

To: jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Diagnosis for one old lady
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:11:37 -0400
An LBV (Little British Vehicle) with oil leaking? Who would have thought?
Is it possible that the breather pipe on her side is congested, and oil is
blowing up, but the compression is still not enough (despite the new rings)
to ignite it?
I know it's a wild guess, but didn't think she'd be offended, being more of
the commoner-type, than the royalty-type.
Jim

From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>

I was made in 1948 and I'm painted grey (there's a clue)
I've only got one seat (there's another clue)
I've got three brake pedals (gotta be obvious by now?)
I was re-linered, pistoned and ringed about two years ago
I have new valves and guides
I start first push of my gear lever and run with a healthy bark
There's no sign of oil leakage round my valve cover
But...
There's a lot of oil mist running down my air cleaner
And my underslung exhaust is permanently wet at the tailend with oil
Though I don't emit any oil smoke
None of this seems to worry me - but its not how it should be
Who would like to suggest what might be ailing me?
Jonmac