Re: The perfect motor swap...

Subject: Re: The perfect motor swap...
From: Matt Ritter <prdesign@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:56:23 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> > How 'bout a 240/260/280 Z Datsun/Nissan engine?  Single OHC aluminum head st
> > 6. Lots of donor cars available since they tend to rust out.
>
> And the early ones (at least) had dual Hitachi carbs that were a
> direct knock-off of the SU.

I think all the ohc engines will be to Tall for the engine bay. And
I think the Chevy V8 with aluminum heads is about if not a little bit
heavier (could be wrong). The Hitachi's are a little better than
SU's (improved).  However if you where going to do this swap
why not grab one of the turbo engines, add an intercooler and well
then replace the rear end etc etc.

However I feel to keep the torquey pushrod nature of the triumph you
should take the 4 liter six out of a jeep :)

Matt Ritter
69 TR6
71 240Z
97 Cherokee