Brakes

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brakes
From: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:09:36 +0200
I know that similar questions have been asked before, but I'm having
trouble with the archives.

The brakes on my 74 TR6 seem to have sprung a leak. I have been putting
off an overhaul of the brakes, so now would be a good time, but getting
all the seals from the UK (to South Africa) will take me a while. In the
meantime, what can I top up the brake fluif with - DOT 3 or 4? From the
state of what is there, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the original
stuff. I know there are some combinations that can cause trouble. I just
need something that lets me drive the car on the few decent Cape Town
winter days while I am waiting for the bits I need. Then I can flush it
out, replace seals, etc.

Thanks

Paul