Re:

To: "Dan Masters" <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Re:
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 23:56:43 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dan Masters wrote:
When you say the "dip" switch still works, I assume you meant the
"flash-to-pass" feature?

Dan - two cultures separated by a common language, I think. In the UK,
dipswitch is the old term but still in regular use for switching
between high and low beams on the headlights. You call it a dimmer?

Snip

This allow you to "flash-to-pass" in
the daylight, even if your headlights are not on. Why that was
consider
important to Triumph, I don't know.

In many European countries, use of the horn is banned unless essential
to "provide an audible means of approach." Headlamp flashing is
commonplace and can mean several things, depending on the occasion:

One or more flashes - I'm coming up behind you, FAST and I'll overtake
Short flash - You come through the gap first, there aint room for both
of us
Long flash - I'm coming through the gap first, you can go play with
yourself
Thankyou
ASSHOLE! - sometimes dualled with the horn function and a Churchillian
gesture, gravitas dependent
You've got a nice pair, gorgeous

Jonmac