Re: Powder Coating Plastics. . . part 2

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Scott Tilton" <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Powder Coating Plastics. . . part 2
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@home.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 23:47:14 -0600
> Which brings me back to my original question:  How can I make the powder
stick to a plastic part?

Think gravity...let the powder fall on it and then carefully put it into the
oven.

There's no magic going on with the powder on metal parts to keep it on
there....just friction.   Once the powder is on something it tends to stay
unless you brush up against it and knock it off.

You still may need to get it to 400 degrees though.   Every instruction I've
read with the powder I'm using heavily emphasizes that to get a good cure
the powder has to cure at 400 degrees for the WHOLE curing time.   There is
hope though for your 383 degree plastic as I've heard they're developing
lower temperature powders.

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71TR6 CC65446 (Christmas Ornament)