Re: Powder Coating Plastics. . . part 2

To: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Powder Coating Plastics. . . part 2
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:31:22 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Scott Tilton
>I don't know if you are asking about PCing in general, but my question was
never how to heat the part. . . but how to make the powder stick since PC
uses electrical charge to accomplish this.
<

Scott,  The electrostatic charge is only used to hold the powder to the
part until it is heated.  Powder will stay on a horizontal surface without
the charge.  And if you rub a piece of plastic on the car and build up a
charge on it the powder may well stick to it anyway.

I don't think that this is the show stopper.  I think the heat issue is.

Dave