Guess the model

To: "a Wallace" <wallaces@superaje.com>
Subject: Guess the model
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 11:02:01 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Re: Jim Wallace's new acquisitions:

Well, I let everyone else have a go before responding. I'm only on
digest mode.
Jim, yours is probably still grey - or has it been upgraded to red,
grey and gold?
The gold being what later became the Standard Triumph Gold Seal
engine.
Lucky you - I was working on one yesterday with a 4 inch paintbrush
and lots of exciting "two pack" non-metallic paint. If I play my cards
right, I might just be able to acquire the subject in question, though
she first saw the light of day in 1949.
I rather fancy going to work on one of them on the sunny days. Trouble
is, it's about 17 miles each way with few places to overtake and this
would mean I'd be very effectively holding up a lot of traffic by the
time I got there.
If I do become it's proud owner, maybe you like me to send you some
pix of what was once known as "Hockey's Hutch"? That last term should
really confound the TRUE Standard Triumph enthusiast.
Come on listers, what  is and who
designed "Hockey's Hutch" and for what purpose?
I'll give you all a clue.
British Antarctic Survey!

Jonmac