Re: Radiator pinhole leak

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator pinhole leak
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 23:32:05 +0100
Hi All
There are things to seal rads that are not gunk, I have used one that is dry
fibres, they flow round the system and coat nothing, where you have a hole
they clump together (due to the flow) rather like a blood clot I think! They
do not harden and you can actually see the leak fade as more fibres join the
clot. I had a spout of water going about a foot before hitting the ground,
over about 10-15 seconds it slowly reduced to nothing. This product is
called Ce-lit in the UK. Comes in a silver packet about 2" square. I like
this stuff because it doesn't gunk everything up, I would not use any other
product unless I was sure it wasn't going to coat everything.

Graham,
1967 1300 FWD
1968 2000 Saloon
1972 2.5PI Saloon
1974 Sprinted Dolomite 1850
1975 Toledo in restoration!

http://www.triumph-iw.co.uk
http://www.mickdolphin.co.uk Spares Supplier.

| "R. Ashford Little II" wrote:
|
| > I've got a leak in my TR6 radiator; not too bad just a pinhole and was
| > wondering if the "fix-a-leak" stuff is o:k until I get it properly
fixed?