Re: TR6PI fuel problem

To: <CP25616@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6PI fuel problem
From: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 21:28:12 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Alan -you suggested Paul should check the main fuel filter - and I'd
agree with your suggestion. It could be this is his problem,
especially if he has rust in the tank bottom. All that said, the
ubiquitous CAV 7111-296 filter can take a helluva lot of residue
before it chokes up and won't let nuffink through. I don't know what
the surface area might be but surely several times greater than the
current version fitted to most cars? To be sure, to be sure, I've
fitted two units in series to my car and plan to see how much muck is
in both of them after a summer of use.

Cheers
Jonmac