re: Triumphs and VSCCA

To: niederst@telerama.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: re: Triumphs and VSCCA
From: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 08:47:37 -0800 FILETIME=[F5EA7D80:01C0B86F]
Hi Craig,

I'll take a crack at this....

CAUSE TRIUMPHS KICK BUT ON TRACK!!!!!

There's still plenty of competitive Triumphs running in regular SCCA. If you
really want to race I suggest you run a few races in a rental IT car before
you settle on vintage racing. I don't mean to 'dis on the vintage folks, but
you'll need to go through SCCA school to get the license anyway so you might
as well learn the differences between racing and "vintage racing". Yes, I do
have my FIA approved nomex underwear on....

John Matthews
'61 Herald
'63 TR-4
'78 Honda Civic ITC (vintage eligible!!)