TR3A front hub questions

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A front hub questions
From: "Allen, Warren" <Warren.Allen@infores.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:47:21 -0600
List,

I'm performing maintenance on my front hubs, and have some questions:

1. Torque wrench setting for the bolts holding the brake disc to the hub?
2. Torque wrench setting for the bolts holding the brake caliper to the car?
3. I've seen part of a discussion about this, but don't remember the
consensus (if there is one): When putting the hubs back on the spindle, how
much grease do I use?  I know that I grease the bearings well, but does
extra grease go inside the hub? I've heard that the inner circumference of
the hub should be filled to the edge of the openings in each end (which
means about a half inch or so).  Is that right?  Any advice?
4. I had my rotors turned.  I've also read somewhere that I should "sand"
the faces with rough sandpaper to roughen them up slightly.  Is that true?

Thanks for any advice.

Warren Allen
1960 TR3A TS55177L