Re: Triumphs and VSCCA

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphs and VSCCA
From: Rikrock@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:47:28 EST
In a message dated 01-03-28 13:34:59 EST, niederst@telerama.com writes:

<<
 As someone who is possibly interested in getting into vintage racing in the
 future, I was wondering why no post-war Triumphs are VSCCA eligible? I see
 MGs such as the T-series and A's ('59 and older) are eligible in the under 2
 litre class, but no mention of TR2s or 3s. Any reason for this (2s and 3s
 are 1800cc, right?)?

Craig,

Good question.  The way I understand it, the VSCCA regards the TR3 as being a
little too "common".  They do make an exception for Dave Spiwak's RHD
smallmouth TR3, though.  Dave told me it is because the car has history,
having been raced in England, and being a RHD, it has that "certain
something" .......

I'm not sure what makes the MGA's special.  If you talk to anyone in charge,
I sure would like to hear their explanations!

Rich Rock
Pottstown, PA
ps..1991cc was original TR3 displacement