Re: TR-4 drain pipes

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR-4 drain pipes
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:28:12 -0500
    Greetings,
                    I just did this during the rebuild of my TR6. At the
suggestion of a fellow car club member(thanks Steve), I secured a piece
of copper tubing into the existing rubber drain hose with a hose clamp.
Then drilled a hole through the baffle plate large enough for a
grommett. Ran the tube through the grommett and extended it out about a
1/2", and that was it. Once undercoated beneath the fenderwell it all
dissappears, except to the concours judges. But I'm not too interested
in that subject.
   I also cut and bent the corner piece at the rear corners under the
bonnett and sealed the drain area to prevent water from running under
the fender. Also sealed under all the fender top mounting bolts as well.
Some water will still make it's way down under the fender, but stopping
the leaves, pine needles and sludge won't allow the water to hang around
too long. When I'm done with the painting, I intend to put a small piece
up screening under the scuttle vent to prevent debris from clogging up
the scuttle drain.
       Good Luck,
   Kevin Thompson
Cape Cod British Car Club