TR-4 drain pipes

To: "john matthews" <john__matthews@hotmail.com>
Subject: TR-4 drain pipes
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:00:13 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "john matthews"
>I'm getting ready to replace my front wings and was wondering what people
have done to improve of the factory drain setup (dumping water and dirt
into
the wing so they rot from inside). I know there's probably something in the

archives but I'm kinda lazy, and this topic hasn't come up for quite a
while...
<

John,

When I put my TR6 back together I just gave all the inside surfaces (the
rockers and inside surfaces of the wings) a good heavy coat of paint.
That's more than what the factory did and what they did lasted pretty well.

The problem with trying to duct all the water away is that there is not
enough room to extent the drain hose past the bottom of the wing without
modifying the sheetmetal and even doing this will not address the water
that gets past the inner wheel well baffle.  For this reason I believe the
best approach is to count on water getting in there and protecting the
surfaces with paint.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6