Re: Repair questions/costs

To: <DRSkruffy@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Repair questions/costs
From: "Joe Donovan" <jdonovan@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:23:40 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
As the owner of a very nice $7500 TR-6, I'd just like to second DRSkruffy's
remarks.    A "mint" $14K TR-4 is likely to be no more reliable mechanically
than one that's half the price.    It may look terrific, but if it's too
good you will be obsessed with maintaining the perfection.   And, as he
says, you can spend the change on a really nice used Toyota Tacoma!

I would also say that some of the responses re reliability have perhaps been
too negative.    When I first got on the list someone suggested that once I
got my car "sorted out" it would be pretty reliable.    That has proven to
be true, even though I am one of the least mechanically inclined on the
list.

Joe Donovan
'73 TR-6