RE: TR4/TR4A engine numbers and originality

To: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4/TR4A engine numbers and originality
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 07:27:26 -0500
Michael,

The engine number, gearbox number chassis number and commission
number should all be within several hundred of each other.  My
body and commission numbers are about 600 apart.  My engine a
gearbox are a '66 TR4A transplants anyway.

Unless the engine number is within the approx 600 it is probably
a transplant or a rebuilt engine that needed a new block or there
was an exchange setup from the rebuilder.

It is not uncommon for these 40 year old cars to not have the
original block numbers.  And as far as I know not a big deal for
any judging that I care about.  Only the Corvette guys get anal
about that stuff.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site