RE: TR4/TR4A engine numbers and originality

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4/TR4A engine numbers and originality
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 00:03:50 +1100 FILETIME=[B6314CA0:01C0AEE2]
Hi everyone,

Thank you all very much for all of your replies on my engine number
question.

I am Australian and from what I know of the British/Classic car scene here
matching numbers are considered important. It is largely the opposite in the
area of U.S. classics as over here matching numbers (or lack of) on such
cars don't seem to matter as much (although I'm sure there are exceptions
that I may be corrected on).

If you are concours-determined such information may be very pertinent when
negotiating price. One may loose out if one factors into the price the fact
that the engine is original and later finds out that it is not...

However, by paying for such a search and waiting for the certificate to
arrive the car may be lost to another buyer in the waiting time, thus giving
you a certificate relating to a car that someone else owns! ;-)

Thanks again for all your help.

Regards,
Michael