RE: TR4 or TR4A?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 or TR4A?
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:36:10 -0800
Triumph Driver wrote :

> What is the car really?  I think you can make that call yourself,
> and treat
> it as whatever you want it to be, assuming it is a solid axle car.  But I
> myself would go by the body number, and call it a 1963 TR4.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but isn't the frame quite different between a
TR4 and a beam axle TR4A ?  It's perhaps less likely to've been changed than
the engine and transmission ...  The rear axle and suspension are different
too.  I believe on a TR4 the rear shock levers run fore and aft, while on a
4A they run crosswise to the car.

Randall
59 TR3A