Re: @#$!&*$*!!! tranny circlip

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: @#$!&*$*!!! tranny circlip
From: "Nelson A. Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 14:03:15 -0500
Greg,
I have a transmission torn apart in the basement so tired the pipe as
suggested by Bill below.  It worked great once you get the clip expanded and
started over the splines on the mainshaft.   I use three or four
screwdrivers
through the clip and driven into the slots on mainshaft to expand the clip.
A photo is shown on following websites.

http://www.nextek.net/BuckeyeTriumphs/

You'll find the photo under the middle of the article "Gearbox Overhaul -
Part 1" listed under the Technical tab.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (at paint shop)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)

Hi Greg,
Go to the hardware store and find a piece of pipe that will fit the shaft
and
push the circlip at the same time.  I can even be PVC.  Tap it home.
Bill