Re: TR4A/TR6

To: MJSUKEY@cs.com
Subject: Re: TR4A/TR6
From: Daniel Julien <dgjulien@swbell.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2001 16:40:10 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sat, Mar 03, 2001 at 01:43:52PM -0500, MJSUKEY@cs.com wrote:
> The question that I need answered is, Will a TR-4A body shell
> bolt onto a TR-6 frame?  Any body out there know the answer?

Mostly, yes. However, the brackets that the inner fenders bolt to at the front
are different. The frame is the same, it's just the brackets that changed, so
it probably wouldn't be too much trouble to fabricate something that would
work. I think it would be a little more than just a bolt-on conversion,
though. (I used to have a TR4A frame that I had considered putting a TR6
body on, so I gave the issue some study.)
--
Dan Julien
Austin, Texas