Re: TR4 Gages?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Gages?
From: "Triumph Crazy" <triumph_driver@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 13:10:04 -0800 FILETIME=[FC42EAB0:01C0A293]
Gary,

Have not looked at the E-bay gages yet, will as soon as I get home
though...:)

There are a couple different types of gauges out for the TR-4 I think.  Not
sure if they are original or not, but my late 62 TR-4 has very different
gauges from my two early 62 cars.  In fact on my late 62 car the temp is in
C instead of F.  Hmmmm....maybe this could have a European sales background?

As far as the curved glass, the gauges themselves are the same (for the
early cars) whether they have curved glass or not.  So you can find clock
glass and have it cut to the correct size and install it on a set of _flat
glass_ gauges.  I have seen this done a few times (have not done so myself)
and I can not tell the difference between this aproach and my original
curved glass gauges.