Re: Harborfreight Bushing/Bearing tool

To: "Fred Marks" <marks_fred@yahoo.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Harborfreight Bushing/Bearing tool
From: "Nelson A. Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 16:46:26 -0500
Mark,

It looks like there are three different sized divers and a collection end
adapters.   I suspect that each adapter is a step cylinder (two diameters
with a shoulder).  You select an adapter that has a smaller diameter that
fits inside the bushing/bearing and a larger diameter that rests against the
end of the bushing/bearing.  The larger diameter should be small enough to
pass though the cylinder holding the bushing/bearing.  You  slide the
selected adapter on the end of the most suitable driver.    You then
position the adapter against the bushing or bearing and push on the driver
with a press, clamp, vise, etc.

I think I'll buy one those tools.  I've turned two similar tools out of
scrap aluminum in the past few weeks.

Nelson Riedel
'68TR250, '70TR6, '76TR6

Hi-

Seeing it was on sale for 7.99 in Harborfreight's
catalog, I bought one of their BUSHING/BEARING kits,
supposedly capable of easing the insertion/removal
of--bushings & bearings.  The item is Harborfreight
#38145.

Well, I'm looking at this thing and scratching my
head.  I can't figure out precisely how to use it.  It
came with no instructions, unlike most of the things
I've bought from HF before.  Anyone got one of these
want to give me a quick lesson on how to use it?

There's not even a pic on the HF website, but if
you've got catalog 731-G, it's on page 12!

Thanks!

Fred Marks
Brandon, FL
69 Triumph GT6 V6 Conv. Proj. Car