Re: TR4 Gages?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Gages?
From: "Triumph Driver" <triumph_driver@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 18:39:38 -0800 FILETIME=[06EFD530:01C0A2C2]
Gary,

No idea what those gauges are worth.

I did check those gauges on Ebay out, and they are exactly like the gauges
in my middle 62 TR4 (CT10440L).  Now that got me to looking at my other cars
and gauges.  And that just reminded me that Triumph often used whatever was
on hand...lol

Any way, my early 62 (CT5368LO) has one Lucas gauge (Ammeter) and three
Jaeger gauges (Fuel, Oil, and Temp), and all four you can see the whole
needle.  My middle 62 (CT10440L) has one Lucas gauge (Ammeter) and three
Jaeger gauges (Fuel, Oil, and Temp), but you can only see half the needle on
all of them, just like the ones on Ebay.  My late 62 (CT13108L) has one
Lucas gauge (Ammeter), one Smith gauge (Fuel), and two Jaeger gauges (Oil
and Temp) and all four are the half needle visable type.

Shucks, just a standard Triumph confusion I guess.

Darrell, in the High Desert of California

62  TR-4  CT 5368 LO  (daily driver)
62  TR-4  CT 10440 L
62  TR-4  CT 13108 L  (long term project)
65  Spit  FC 51603 L
67  Spit  FD 2890 L   (daughters car)
77  Spit  FM 62888 UC  (other daily driver)
79  Spit  FM 98233 UC  (wifes car)