Re: RE: Triumph market discipline

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: Triumph market discipline
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:32:21 +0100
Date sent:              Thu, 18 Jan 2001 09:52:53 -0500
From:                   "John Day" <dayj@inac.gc.ca>
To:                     <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>,
<105671.471@compuserve.com>
Copies to:              <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Send reply to:          "John Day" <dayj@inac.gc.ca>

I seem to recall reading somewhere, probably in Piggott's
sidescreen compendium, that there was at least 1 sidescreen TR
exported to pre-Castro Cuba. Imagine if that car's owner (or
owners) was able to keep it running 40+ years with no supply of
factory parts?! The mind boggles! JD

>>> "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu> 01/18 9:30 AM >>>

A co-worker just got back from Cuba (some kind of art museum
cooperation in
the works).  His "guide" (B. said he was sure the guy worked for
the Cuba's
version of the CIA) took him to a friends house for supper.  In back
of his
house was a warehouse that had about 10 1950's Chevy's & Fords including a
54 corvette (my guess from the description of the taillights).  Sitting
there... just waiting.  B., knowing of my interest in old cars tried to take
a picture, but was very firmly told "NO".  He said they were very dirty, but
looked to be all there.

It will be interesting to see if/when it happens.
Carl

John you are right
There was an article in TR Action some years ago about this man.
He stated: " I ask every person visiting me in Cuba to bring along
spare parts for my TR3".
By the way . As soon as Castro is gone I'm as a Luxemburger on
the priority list for Cuba ,our Grand Duke is married to a Batista
from Cuba. Sorry for that
Jean