RE: Triumph market discipline

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Subject: RE: Triumph market discipline
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 17:57:47 -0500
Cc: "'David Massey'" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Musson, Carl"
>A co-worker just got back from Cuba (some kind of art museum cooperation
in
the works).  His "guide" (B. said he was sure the guy worked for the Cuba's
version of the CIA) took him to a friends house for supper.  In back of his
house was a warehouse that had about 10 1950's Chevy's & Fords including a
54 corvette (my guess from the description of the taillights).  Sitting
there... just waiting.  B., knowing of my interest in old cars tried to
take
a picture, but was very firmly told "NO".  He said they were very dirty,
but
looked to be all there.
<

And I'll bet the locals are living in dread of the day because that is when
all the ex-patriated folks in Florida will come to reclaim their former
property, as happened in East Germany, but at least in Germany there was a
healty government ruled by laws.  When Castro goes there will be only the
weak vestiges of what once was since Castro IS the government there.  I
could be wrong.

Dave (Asbestos suit on)