Re: TR3 sway bar question

To: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 sway bar question
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:01:24 -0500
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by Randall Young
>BTW, I have the rear bar too.  Definitely helps reduce understeer, IMO.
<

Years ago I bought both front and rear bars for my TR4 (solid axle) direct
from ADDCO (which they don't do anymore, I hear) and they first sent the
rear.  Knowing that adding just a rear bar can make for severe oversteer I
waited for the front to arrive before installing the rear.  After the front
bar failed to arrive for several weeks I called and they said they would
ship right away so I installed the rear knowing that the front would soon
be here.  Driving Impressions of a TR4 with Rear Bar Only: what a hoot.
Want to pull a U-turn? Easy.  Turn the wheel and step on the gas.  The back
end comes right around!  Not recommended for general road use, however.

Adding the front bar tamed the car down quite nicely.

FYI

Dave Massey
57 TR3 (no bars)
71 TR6 (upsized front bar and added rear bar from ADDCO (via JC Whitney))
80 TR8 (upsized front and rear bars from Ted)