TR3 sway bar question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 sway bar question
From: Dan Buettner <danb@thelittlemacshop.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:20:02 -0600
According to the list archives, the consensus among the folks who
have discussed it on the list in the past seems to be that installing
a rear sway bar on a TR3 is not helpful.  Several people recommended
installing a front sway bar only.  I think I am going to start there,
and see how I like it - I am planning on replacing all the rubber
bushings, front and rear, with urethane, too.

I'm contemplating the purchase of some parts from the various winter
parts sales - mostly the items I need to finish off my suspension -
and am wondering about the sway bars available for a TR3 (not a
TR3A).  I've got TS15098L, a small-mouth, disassembled in my garage.

TRF lists their bar as being applicable only to the 3A's, while Vicky
Brit lists one that works on all 2-3B cars.

My question is: what's the difference?  Why would one work, and not
the other?  What do I want to get?  The list archives point to
favoring the ADDCO bars, and that's what VB offers -- though I'd
rather spend my money at TRF.

Any advice, words of wisdom, laughter?

Thanks,
Dan
--
Dan Buettner  -  Des Moines, Iowa  -  mailto:danb@thelittlemacshop.com

1957 TR3, TS15098L, now with an O!  Undergoing frame-off restoration
begun 9/99.  Currently awaiting warm weather and funds.

1977 Spitfire, FM64159U, with an O.  In need of a comprehensive
restoration (again); will probably become a Spit6 or a Spit8.

Visit the Team.Net Triumph list member pages at:
http://www.thelittlemacshop.com/trsite/index.html
Photos, downloads, member bios, and more!