Re: sudden death

To: Charlie Frazer <cfrazer@ballmer.uoregon.edu>
Subject: Re: sudden death
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@borg.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 09:10:53 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Charlie,

Sounds like a spark problem. I had a similar problem a few years back with my
TR3A. I had just replaced the vacuum advance pipe and after a few weeks, every
time I accelerated or the engine was on a heavy load, it would cut out. Turned
out to be a broken wire in the distributor which caries the juice from the coil
to the points. The new found advance was pulling the wire from its soldered
connection. I am not to familiar with 6's but if the distributor is similar I
would check it out.

Bob Labuz

1958 TR3A
1974 T140V