Re: RotoFlex Suspension

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RotoFlex Suspension
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 14:27:35 -0800
> It just seems nonsense to use something that must be replaced a lot. Well
> it would be goof for mechanics we replace them.  Wouldnt a live axle or
> similar rear suspension be easier to build, stronger, and just as effective
> performance wise?

Um, no.

A live axle (aka "dead axle") is a horrible design compared to a properly
designed IRS. The Rotoflex coupling is an elegant solution to the complex
problem of locating the rear half-shaft - used anywhere from
the Formula Ford to Can-Am cars.

If you buy *real* Rotoflex couplings, built by Metalastik, not the
crap the Vicky Brit and others sell, they will last as long as the
u joints on a TR4A. I have both ... I know whereof I speak.

True, some folks prefer the stouter design of a sliding shaft with
two U joints. But it's heavier and has more parts that wear...