advice wanted about spitfire

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: advice wanted about spitfire
From: "sujit roy" <sujitroy@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 01:05:31 GMT FILETIME=[27F26AE0:01C049E9]
I'm thinking in buying a Spitfire to drive when the Stag is off the road
waiting for parts. Fortunately, with the Stag I don't have to mess around
with a smog check anymore here in CA. I've seen a couple of post '73 non
running complete Spits advertised and an interested to find out what could
be the, worse case, cost of getting a Spit through a smog.
Is it worth considering a complete non-runner?

What is a reasonable price to pay for a complete non smoged runner?
Sujit