TR3A cam

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A cam
From: Bob and Nancy <wises@mail.execpc.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:32:29 -0500
Once again I dip my bucket in to the well of the Triumph collected wisdom.

My 1961 TR3A engine is in the shop getting a complete rebuild
(balancing, 87 mm pistons and sleeves, rear crank oil seal, head
rebuilt, etc).  The old cam is shot, so I need to buy a new one.  The
shop owner tells me that unless I go for a wild racing cam, there are
few ramifications of a "hot" cam on  compression, carbs, valves,
valve springs, and such.  Given such latitude, what is the group's
thinking about going with a little spicier cam?  I don' t intend to
push the car too hard when it is done, but I do have this one
opportunity to tweak the engine a little.  Any ideas?

bob

Carpe cervasium